Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hexagon Lurv.

I love hexagons.

I'm not sure why, or how it came about, but in my book hexagons are pretty fantastic. The symetrical, pleasantly shaped polygons are structured, crisp and tessalate fantastically. It's no wonder artists choose it in pretty much any medium.

Recently a friend led me to a quilt pattern on Ravelry called the beekeepers quilt. and I was soon swoonin'. Quick as a flash I downloaded that impossibly cheap pattern [$5.50 wuuut?] and knitt myself some hexipuffs. Their as good as you, or perhaps only I, imagined. And they were easy enough, even for a beginner level knitter such as myself. All you need to know is how to cast on, increase, decrease, and Stephanie (tiny owl knits) shows you the rest with helpful pictures.

Sadly, a somewhat dismaying point is that I need about 800 to make a queen sized quilt. Aaand I'm at number 22, so to stay motivated there will be intermittent posts about hexagons. Ones made of yarn or perhaps not; it may even turn into a blatant appeal to convert the masses to why hexigons are so lovely and perfect.

Here's my progress instagram style.
P.S. Zohmg.

No comments:

Post a Comment